The Manitoba Education Library provides Manitoba Kindergarten through Grade 12 educators with curriculum implementation support, educational research and professional development materials.
The Manitoba Education Library provides:
- Manitoba Kindergarten to Grade 12 educators with curriculum implementation support, educational research, and professional learning resources
- teachers-in-training with library services and resources in preparation for teaching
- print disabled students with alternate format materials in Braille, large print, audio, and electronic formats
- archival resources, including pre-1980 approved textbooks and Departmental publications
- Manitoba Education staff with essential library services, including desktop e-access to online periodicals and research databases
All of the activities of the Library focus on the following educational outcomes: the improvement in teaching practices and student learning; the increased use of educational research and practice to improve decision making in the classroom and in educational administration; and an increased emphasis on resource-based learning as an educational model in schools.
The Library also acts as a depository centre for all the Department of Education publications.
Collections & Facilities
The Manitoba Education Library’s collections support educators in implementing the Manitoba K-12 curricula. It is comprised of professional materials, as well as student resources. All the resources are searchable in the Library Catalogue.
- Manitoba & WNCP Recommended resources for K-12
- Supplementary K-12 curriculum materials
- Fiction and Graphic Novels
- Big books
- Professional journals and magazines
- Manitoba Education Publications
- Manitoba Curriculum / Curriculum Support Documents
- Audio CDs
- Educational Kits
- Model & Games
- Pictures & Posters
- Online Databases
- Multi-resource searching tools
- Video Streaming
- Alternate Formats
- Manitoba Education Archives
When visiting the Library in person, patrons can take advantage of several of the Library’s features, including:
- Computer workstations (Internet, Microsoft Office, DVD/CD-ROM viewing)
- Group meeting room with Internet connection, laptop, Smart Board and projector
- Group study tables and carrels for individual study
- Kid-Zone, a space for children
- Free Wi-Fi